Web album on Landshuter Hochzeit

My wife and I visited the Landshut Wedding or better known as Landshuter Hochzeit a few weeks ago. The Landshuter Hochzeit is a medieval festival that is celebrated once every four years in Landshut, which is a city in the state of Bavaria. It is one of the most famous and as far as I know, the largest medieval festival in Germany. As you can guess, there are other medieval festivals in Germany as well. During the Landshuter Hochzeit, the city and its folks turn back time to the middle ages. People dress up in medieval costumes, set up huts and stalls typical of those times, parade through the city playing music, perform juggling acts and so forth. They become a medieval community. This year, the Landshut Wedding was celebrated from the 27th of June till the 19th of July.

Our visit to the Landshuter Hochzeit was a splendid one. You can read all about it in my Living in Munich blog. I have published three posts on our vist and here are the links to them: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. Apart from sightseeing, our visit to the Landshuter Hochzeit was an excellent photo shooting session for me. I was truly able to put my recently acquired photography skills to the test and I'm pretty content with the outcome. I have finished working on the shots I took that day and just uploaded them to my Picasa Web Gallery. Click on the image below to get to the album. Unfortunately, I've not had the chance to include captions yet but I promise to do so a.s.a.p.

Landshuter Hochzeit (07.09)

In the next post(s), I'll share some learnings and experiences gained from the visit and discuss the technicalities behind some of my favorite shots.

Do tell me what you think about the photos.

joel@shutteria.com

0 comments: