Day #136 @ Photography Project 365

Not surprising, I call this photo "Algae on my Wall". I took this photo on our balcony. It's not that our apartment is full of this stuff but there are some spots that seem to be cozily inhabited by them.

I tried to capture its texture with this shot here. To do that well, I would have needed a macro lens, which I unfortunately do not have. So, I made do with my Nikon AF-S 18-105 VR lens.

I didn't want to have a distracting background either and fortunately by employing differential focus, I was also to blur background to insignificance.

joel@shutteria.com

2 comments:

thekreativelife said...

I would never know that this one wasn't taken with a macro lens! Great job with the textures and colors! Excellent!

J.J.S. said...

Thanks, Kyla. I guess we can do a lot with a kit lens and some help from post-processing these days. :-)