Day #145 @ Photography Project 365

Salzburg is a very beautiful city and definitely worth a visit. The river Salzach flows through the city and I presume that it where the city gets its name or vice versa.

Salzburg is famous among tourist for being the site where the movie, Sound of Music was filmed. There are various Sound of Music tours being offered - you're bound to stumble across one when making your way through the city. Apparently, the locals (i.e. Austrians) are not too fond of the movie because of the way it portrays them. Salzburg is also famous for being the birthplace of Mozart.

We took a boat ride on the Salzach and that is where I got this shot. Similar to Teisendorf, the buildings here are colorful too (as seen in my previous photo-of-the-day). I also thought that the "naked" trees were rather interesting. It must be something Austrian because I saw similar ones in Vienna last year!

joel@shutteria.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing environment and an awesome composition.

J.J.S. said...

Thanks, M. I was pretty disappointed with the boat ride though.

Rick said...

Lovely colours of the buildings - strange trees though - I wonder if they were just pruned (?)

J.J.S. said...

They were probably pruned, Rick. Makes it look like an over-sized "bonsai".